The Prevalent Vendor Risk Manager (PVRM) offers security and compliance managers an opportunity to better understand the potential risks involved in doing business with vendors. PVRM enables you to create and evaluate vendors based on tiers determined by their importance or potential risk to the organization.
Vendor Risk Manager
- Shared Assessments
Prevalent Vendor Risk Manager (PVRM) takes the guesswork out of vendor assessment by creating a standard tiering structure for the organization, a standardized assessment workflow, Shared Assessments content, evidence collection, risk scoring, and reporting. This solution manages each vendor independently, offering you the ability to understand the impact of doing business with a particular vendor. It also provides an aggregated view to understand vendor risk by tier or across all vendors.
Prevalent Vendor Risk Manager®
Create and evaluate vendors based on tiers determined by their importance or potential risk to the organization.
With Prevalent Vendor Risk Manager (PVRM) you are able to:
- Organize relevant vendor risk information in a single location.
- Tier vendors based on data risk and organizational importance.
- Leverage Shared Assessments content for controls based assessment.
- Evaluate risk across multiple evidence sources
- Discover cloud and SaaS-based applications in play across the enterprise with Cloud ID *NEW FEATURE
- Integrate directly into Symantec Control Compliance Suite.
- Create risk scoring per vendor against your standard.
- Schedule regular vendor risk evaluations based on your requirements.
- Have a single point of access for third parties via PVRM Relationship Gateway.
- Create new vendors and relationships with an easy-to-use interface.
- Use Variable Scoping to assess vendors, software, and/or services type within a single assessment.
- Integrate application security scans as part of a third-party relationship providing software.
- Leverage PVRM to support Prevalent Vendor Threat Monitor
- Utilize Veracode DirectLink or manually upload application security reports based on their application security program
- Support OCIL 2.0 Surveys
There are two integrations supported by Prevalent Vendor Risk Manager (PVRM).
Veracode has become the de facto standard for third-party application scanning due to its extensive software vulnerability and flaw library as well as its patented, static analysis requiring only vendor binaries, not source code. Prevalent Vendor RiskManager 2.5 with Veracode DirectLink allows application providers using Veracode to upload Veracode scan results directly from the Prevalent VRM Relationship Gateway.
Prevalent Vendor Risk Manager® integrates with Symantec CCS, offering direct evidence collection from CCS Response Assessment Manager (RAM) as well as Symantec Policy Manager. Additionally, the solution offers advanced compliance reporting, dashboarding, and analytics. The integration enables companies that utilize CCS to keep compliance information in a single place and leverage existing investments. For clients that do not currently utilize CCS, the integration offers a view into the power of the overall solution for other compliance automation requirements.
Netskope™ is the leader in cloud app analytics and policy enforcement. Prevalent Vendor Risk Manager®3.0 integrates with Netskope to enable organizations to identify and quantify risk for all of the cloud and SaaS-based applications in play across their enterprise.
Prevalent has licensed Shared Assessments for use by Prevalent Networks clients within VRM. The Shared Assessments Program was created by leading financial institutions, the Big Four accounting firms, and key service providers to inject standardization, consistency, speed, efficiency and cost savings into the service provider assessment process. Through membership and use of the Shared Assessments tools (the Agreed Upon Procedures and the Standardized Information Gathering questionnaire), Shared Assessments offers outsourcers and their service providers a faster, more efficient and less costly means of conducting rigorous assessments of controls for security, privacy and business continuity.
The Prevalent VRM Relationship Gateway is the single point of access for third-party evidence collection. It also offers the following features:
- Ability for third-parties to manage their own key contacts and role assignments.
- See evidence requests and their status in a single location.
- Ability for third-party providers to route evidence requests to the appropriate people within the vendor organization.
- Manage multiple relationships and assessments a single organization may be involved in.
- Completely separated from the VRM Console for enhanced security and data control.
Prevalent Vendor Risk Manager®
Can be deployed in your infrastructure or hosted in the Prevalent Compliance as a Service (PCaaS) cloud.